View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsythin
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Tsythin - Hunter App!

GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU:

How old are you? 21
What is your sex? Male
Where do you come from? Bristol, UK
Where do you live at the moment? Bristol, UK - I'm such a traveller!

What class and race are you wanting to play? Lego.. Er, Blood Elf Hunter.
What server are you currently on? Argent Dawn
A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)
Clicky!

RAIDING TIMES:

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days? No, being unemployed & excuses for having no life here, tends to put paid to that.
Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress? Sure, Though I think the only thing I still do is breathe, I guess I can stop that, if you like.
Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss? Who wouldn't?.
Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid? Yeah - Always have been and most likely always will be.
Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates? I can't see a reason why not. Hell would have to freeze over before I made plans to go outside anyway.
How many days a week will you be able to raid on average? Seven. Really. I love you too.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW? Since January 2006.
How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)? My Druid was an alt made in TBC, and existed as an alt through most of Wrath, with a period of breif raiding during Trial Of The Crusader and Ulduar (Server Transfer's are sometimes the worst idea). It became my main in Cataclysm, so its a character thats around 3 years old, though its spent most of that looking at me forlornly, like some kind of hippy. Its a character thats received plenty of sex change love though, having been a Tauren Female, Tauren Male, Night Elf Male and now a Worgen.

It only has about 32 days played, though, 12 of them at 85. Its kind of wierd, my Priest who has things like Diplomat and The Seeker titles only has 38 days played.

RAIDING HISTORY:

When did you start raiding? Mid/Late 2006.
How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)? Cleared All Content excluding Naxx (Never entered), obviously, and AQ40 (Only Skeram) as a Holy Priest.
How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)? All T4 Content on all of the healing classes. T5 Content was patchy (College, youuuuu.) When I returned I pretty much leapfrogged SSC (Only killing upto and including Solarian in TK) - Went on Trial with a Sunwell Guild in my Primal Mooncloth set (z..) and cleared BT and MH upto Illi and Archi before Wrath Release date was announced, and my trial was bumped into Wrath.
Did you kill Magtheridon before starting Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep? Yes, Well, I never entered SSC, woo.

Did you kill Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider before starting Mount Hyjal and Black Temple? No, as stated, my T5 experience was patchy.
Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff? Wrath was a ridiculous expansion and I didnt much enjoy most of it. I Have not killed Lana'thel or LK in any form, with most of my ICC progress being Heroic only, which meant staring at Putricide for six billion years until I had to get the hell away from the game.
How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans? 25? Upto Atramedes and Ascendant Council with Charlie Foxtrot on Saurfang, didnt enjoy it there so went back to my home server and pretty much unsubscribed for two months...
Have you completed any hard modes (10-man/25-man) and/or obtained any of the "Glory of the..." drakes? Unfortunately no. Well, if you expanded that to include Wrath I did some hard modes in Ulduar and 10man 3d.

CHARACTER HISTORY:

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months? Was guildless for a while on all my characters until January - joined Charlie Foxtrot as mentioned and explained breifly. Joined Inner Circle recently as a Social Member.
What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild? Inner Circle is current.
Why did you decide to leave it? Refering to Charlie Foxtrot (As I wouldnt need to leave a Social Position, obviously) I didnt feel I fit in and wasnt getting to know anyone, so the whole endeavour seemed pointless, regardless of the fact one could get loot.

TECHNICAL INFO:

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it: Stable Cable connection, highest I've seen my latency when the server isnt exploding is like 140ms, which is understandable for AD, also known as Argent Down.
Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english?: I should hope so, or I'm screwed.
For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it?: Have it, use it, ramble on it.
Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these?: Yep - And thats the point!
What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning What keys are those moves bound to?
What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)?:

My movement keys are default, I generally use Q and E alot for some bizzare reason. Strafing must be the equivalent of land barrel rolls. Mix that in with the mouse for turning except when I'm trying to annoy people - and it's all good.

As far as keybindings go, I generally used clique and decursive for the longest time - I guess we can use my Druid as an example here:
Left Click: Lifebloom
Right Click: Rejuvination
Middle Mouse Button: Healing Touch (FU ZG AND ZA I HATE USING THIS SPELL :@)
Shift + Left Click: Nourish
Shift + Right Click: Regrowth

I'd pop off WG and Swiftmend as needed from 4/5 keys, or bind them to alt + left click/right click, depending what mood I'm in.

I'll come out and say it truthfully I'm not a big fan of keybinding and for the longest time ever - I'd simply not done it. It never seemingly stopped me being a good healer though, but times change and I'm getting with it ;).

REQUIREMENTS:

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face?: Since Cataclysm, I actually have more than a five gold buffer in my bags, so I dont see this being a problem.
Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why?: For my druid I've foolishly been using the Spirit Flask - mainly because I had a ton of them made up and it made sense to use them, though If I continued raiding on said character, I would be switching to +300 Int - I also use the sta/int buff food, mainly because INT --> ALL ELSE EVER for Healing in general at the moment.
The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid?: I have them and use them already.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why?: Absolutely, thats part of the challenge, no? The key is of course, progress - if you're wiping on a boss at the same percent or at the phase or transition over and over and nothing seems to be changing, you probably need a break ;).
Can you take criticism and learn from it?: Can you? :P, Nah, only messing - of course.
If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame?: Yep. Infact, I can see this being frequent :P. (Kidding of course.)
If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss?: Obviously that'd be fine. I totally wouldnt find out where you live then stalk you till the grisly end or anything, that'd be silly.
Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for? Yeah, thats how it works and how its always worked, so it doesnt really bother me.

FINAL NOTES:

Why do you want to join this project? I've been in a few reroll guilds over my WoW lifetime and theyve always been good experiences - which, even when they didnt work out as great as they could of, have given me people I've called friends ever since. Granted, some of them are annoying human beings but hey, I guess I like that kind of thing.

Theres always something unique to be found in a reroll guild, and it generally offers the best WoW experience - and when it works out its fantastic, even if you do end up being stupid and moving on from it for whatever reason.

Why should we recruit you? You have a need for an inane rambler who is both random yet oddly philosophical at times? In all seriousness, I'm generally "okay" at the game, to the best of my knowledge - I'm not a Drama Llama and I look more to the social side of the game even as I pursue everything else, so I try to get along with people, even if their voice makes me laugh or I secretly hate them - I'd probably make a good politician.

Anywho, I offer a level headed person (Thats a lie, I'm totally insane.) who can probably not do stupid things like fall off on the gunship encounter.

I totally didnt do that.

Do you have any friends in our guild? Off the top of my head, that stupidly named Tauren Shaman Mushroomguru covers it.

Is there anything else you want to add? Why am I not rolling a healer? Good question, considering its what I tend to orientate towards - truth be told I've always had a spot in my heart for hunters, but never really gotten around to levelling one. The time has come, for me, at least, to pursue that special hankering I have :P.
mushroomguru
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Another vouch from me for a super chap!
DonNazarov

Good Afternoon,

We have discussed your application and feel as if we can offer you a trial period within the project!However at the moment we have a high quote of Hunters, would you consider rerolling another class? We have open spots for a Warrior, DK, and Priest. If you have your heart set on Hunter, we may have a spot open up this evening due to inactivity.

Please sign up using the "Apply to Guild" function on the left hand side of the screen if you haven't already done so.

Please feel free to add to any of our member discussion and remember to "sign in" in the relevant thread.

Kindest Regards,

Naz
Tsythin
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

I'll give it a thought and throw you a whisper ingame once I've decided!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum