View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
WhelpSlayer

re: Server Discussion

DonNazarov wrote:

If people can't wait or lose interest in a matter of days, i dont want them here anyway. I know people want to start levelling, i understand this. However this guild is not going to be another casuality of the reroll genre because people cant wait a few more days or another week.

I'm personally very serious about the project and i will not start anything before we're ready. Simple as that.

That does make more sense, to wait it out and see who's serious rather than rush in. I'll take back what i said!
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

I'd say I'm happy to wait a while longer for the sake of doing well and progressing into the guild we want to become.

Though I do think we should try keep things on topic. Regardless of WHEN things happen we still need to decide WHERE.

I'm personally going to set up chars on some of the servers mentioned just to scope the environment test the AH and save my char name.

As for Skullcrusher it does look good I'm going to see if I can have a word with some of the more involved community members see if I can get a more acurate perception of the server as a whole.

I also have a history on Skullcrusher as it was the place I rolled my first ever char the day vanilla went live. At the time it was doing awfully well but to be honest there were only about 5 servers live then anyway :P.
Somnia1
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Looking at Skullcrusher's wowprogress, obviously direct competition with <Project Mayhem> would be the main push - ignoring <Paranormal> there are no other real competitors Horde-side (1-2/13 HC can be done by anyone really). PM have got Cho'gall and Nefarian HC so they clearly know what they're doing and if this project does take off fully with skilled players it would be interesting to see if we could push up to that level come T12.

I think Skullcrusher looks good, as long as we can get enough skilled people to conquer Paranormal for server first Horde.
DonNazarov

Hellscream would be my first choice i think - in reality i wanted to avoid top 200 guilds, as i said in IRC i know it seems like i'm shirking competetion but its going to take us a while to be able to compete with these kinds of guilds.

In terms of future recruitment, i'd like to be able to offer potential applicants the chances of server first titles and be able to quote "Level 1 to server first reroll guild".

Obviously its a democratic descion so we will see - just my two cents worth.
Gladrius
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

So we can expect a server poll soon then? Happy

Last edited by Gladrius on 2011/04/21 6:53; edited 1 time in total
kriptykk
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Considering that apps are raining in i think so
WhelpSlayer

I suppose the question is us, as a community, do we want to roll into a small server and get server firsts (hellscream), or do we want to go straight into the entry level of playing with the big boys? (skullcrusher).

I myself enjoy some good competition, I feel it really pushes people to do better but that said 200th in the world may seem high but is not to be sniffed at!

Perhaps before opening a poll for servers we should open a poll for this sort of question? And depending on that we more or less have our answer.
Strych77
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Since hellscream and skullcrusher are basically the only 2 servers left into the discussion, in my opinion opening a poll between those 2 would answer both questions at once.

Bear in mind that, with any majority vote, there's a minority that won't exactly get what they want. However, the main environment we will play in will still be the one we create ourselves. Things change over time with server ranks, etc. But our own little community will (hopefully) remain a positive constant.
Thriving

Yep I agree put those two servers to vote IMO.

Althought I'm happy either way.

Thriving.
Y3rba
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Liked the idea of Skullcrusher until I came across all the childish drama on their forums between the two top guilds.

Not to mention Project Mayhem has pretty much dominated the server since T8, atleast going by what WoWProgress is saying, which means it would be pretty rough going if we move in and try to take that spot from them as a new guild.
mushroomguru
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Hellscream looks like a really great server, I like the idea of storming past them all to get some server firsts under our belts too! I've tried to start again on well-established realms with a couple of very bleeding-edge guilds and I've never felt like I could make an impact, whereas on Hellscream I think we could.
Niriji

Progress wise Hellscream will be very viable to become competetive with the current guilds. So seems to me to be a good choice.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: