View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
DonNazarov

re: Server Discussion

Morning Chaps!

Ideal criteris for server would be:

Progressive PVE - but still a good chance for server firsts
Ratio - Ideally i'd like a reasonably well populated server with even factions
PVP - PVP servers are simply a little more competetive and fun. However if we find a decent PVE server it shouldn't really matter in this day and age.

My picks so far:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/the-venture-co/rating.tier11_25

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/daggerspine

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/sporeggar/rating.tier11_25 (low pop)

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/vek-nilash

Last edited by DonNazarov on 2011/04/19 3:12; edited 3 times in total
DonNazarov

As with the guild name - server will be put to vote.
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Havent played on either of these since coming back but Ill go poke around itmt.
Strych77
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

As long as it's not ahn'qiraj I'm happy.

I kinda like Sporeggar from what I can see. Plenty of work left to be done there and it's a catchy name too! Have very 'fond' memories farming rep for that...
Zkag

I just dug up some additional statistics from WoWProgress. I picked up a few popular realm statistics (Burning Legion & Outland) for comparison and put the realms that you suggested in the equation as well. This should give a greater overview and a few more aspects to the final choice.

http://img69.imageshack.us/f/realmstatus.jpg/
Slim A.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

All good choices for starters. I would have suggested Al'Akir perhaps, but the realm indeed isn't balanced Horde-Alliance wise. Also the chances for initial realm firsts would be quite low I reckon.
DonNazarov

To be honest, i'd rather go to a less progressed realm in comparison to servers like Outland and Burning Legion. In terms of later recruitment (if needed) i'd like to put ourselves in a position where we can make ourselves stand apart above other guilds - offering the oppurtunity of sever firsts and titles etc is extremely useful to recruiment.

However much i'd like to dream, if i was being realistic i dont forsee that happening on servers with multiple top 500 guilds Happy

I mean what does everyone think about Ratio, i'm looking at the closest possible servers to 1/1 but if people are willing we could look at high pop Horde servers?

Last edited by DonNazarov on 2011/04/18 6:07; edited 1 time in total
Zkag

DonNazarov wrote:
To be honest, i'd rather go to a less progressed realm in comparison to servers like Outland and Burning Legion. In terms of later recruitment (if needed) i'd like to put ourselves in a position where we can make ourselves stand apart above other guilds - offering the oppurtunity of sever firsts and titles etc is extremely useful to recruiment.

However much i'd like to dream, if i was being realistic i dont forsee that happening on servers with multiple top 500 guilds Happy

Yah, I get your point. It was simply for comparison which is why I put the World Rank in as a factor. :D
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Played Burning Legion for a while, certainly was a kosher realm but my info on that is very outdated so its probably worth bugger all. Al'Akir from my perspective (horde, classic and tbc) was kinda full of the dregs of humanity but maybe I was just unlucky - in addition it was a bloody long time ago so Im sure my info is way out of date now and that Slim's right Happy

Liking the look of sporeggar atm too.
Strych77
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

I'm confused now. Is sporeggar just PVP or is it RP-PVP? (not that there really is that much difference in my exerience).

Last edited by Strych77 on 2011/04/18 6:08; edited 1 time in total
Potency.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Looking through that progress site, Sporeggar and Terokkar would appear to give the best chance at 'catching up' relatively quickly. That said, Im fairly easy in all honesty, as long as it isnt 90% alliance or something dumb like that. Slight preference for a PvE server as they seem more stable these days (low pop PvP servers run the risk of the dreaded conversion for example), but not fussed.
Strych77
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Ratios don't mean everything though. AQ where I play now appears to be like 99% horde but for some reason the 1 alliance character that plays always seems to stand behind me with a dagger in his/her hand...
Potency.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Must be stalking you

Was thinking more for things like TB really, plus on realm recruitment/future alt pugs perhaps (yeah like thats going to happen!).
DonNazarov

Sporeggar is apparently a PVP server these day - though i'm 90% sure it used to be RP-PVP. I will have a butchers around on their forums to see if i can grasp information on that change.

Terokkar would have to be a no from me - not that i've played there, but i've played within their battlegroup and had alot of bad experiences in heroics etc.

Feel free to post PVE servers - very much open to all suggestions!

Last edited by DonNazarov on 2011/04/18 6:16; edited 2 times in total
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Strych77 wrote:
I'm confused now. Is sporeggar just PVP or is it RP-PVP? (not that there really is that much difference in my exerience).

Good shout, tis rppvp - agree with the above too though, in the past at least - not a huge amount of difference with non rp realms ime.

As far as what Don said, Im easy with a horde-high realm if it fits the previously mentioned criteria (barring the balance ofc). Happy with PvE too though if its a better fit than all the others.

Im no bloody help at all am I :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: