Funkydunky

re: Druid raider application

GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU

How old are you? 18
What is your sex? Male
Where do you come from? Omagh, UK
Where do you live at the moment? Dublin, Ireland

What class and race are you wanting to play? Troll Druid
What server are you currently on? Currently, being used in a very vague sense, Grim Batol/Sunstrider.
A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/fleckz/ - Paldin (not sure if it's working?)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/dunkz/simple - Mage, one of my many alts.

RAIDING TIMES

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days? Not during the summer, unless I can somehow find a part-time job somewhere. Maybe the odd night out.
Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress? I've pretty much no commitments for the foreseeable future.
Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss? Sure am.
Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid? 100%, I don't live at home and when I am there my parents are well used to me playing games online.
Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates? Being a poor student means I have to save for weeks before I actually go out, so yes, always every time.
How many days a week will you be able to raid on average? More than likely four, but seeing as usually theres nothing else going out, five.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW? Since late 2005.
How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)? I started my paladin a few months before wrath, so bordering three years now. Last time I checked it was around ninety to one hundred days.

RAIDING HISTORY

When did you start raiding? End of the summer 2006.
How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)? I dabbled as a clueless casual warlock. I saw a little MC and ZG thanks to some hardcore mates. Most nights I spent clubbing people with my staff in BGs or taking a life time to level.
How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)? Raided through Kara, Gruul, Maggie, SSC and TK on my warlock. Downed three in BT and everything except Archimode in Hyjal.
Did you kill Magtheridon before starting Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep? Yes.

Did you kill Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider before starting Mount Hyjal and Black Temple? No, we decided to chance our arm and try something new when our beautiful Vashj macros weren't going to plan.
Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff? Rerolled paladin for wrath with a few friends and managed to get far enough progress wise, before getting really burnt out.
How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans? I haven't raided thus far.
Have you completed any hard modes (10-man/25-man) and/or obtained any of the "Glory of the..." drakes? Unfortunately no.

CHARACTER HISTORY

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months? An extremely casual guild called Left Overs.
What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild? Left Overs is current guild.
Why did you decide to leave it? We were remnants of an older guild and either everyone had basically disappeared or they casually log in to chat and do dailies.

TECHNICAL INFO

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it. As far as I'm aware, eventhough my download speed is shoddy, my latency is quite low (below 100, usually around 50) and I very rarely disconnect.
Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english? If you can understand my Irish accent then yes.
For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it? Have used it for many years.
Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these? I'm an extremely chatty person, you'll probably wish I didn't have a mic...
What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning What keys are those moves bound to?
What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)? Ask anyone that has played with me in before and they'll tell you I'm an absolute keybind freak. I always have to have every single ability and macro keybound.

As far as my paladin goes:
1 - Holy Light
2 - Holy Shock
3 - Divine Light
4 - Holy Shock
Shift-Q Word of Glory
Q - Light of Dawn
5 - Holy Radiance
Ctrl-3 Bacon of Light
Ctrl-2 Avenging Wrath
Ctrl-1 LoH
F - Divine Plea
Middle mouse - Cleanse

REQUIREMENTS

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face? I've never really been one to roll in the money, but I've never been dependent on someone else to provide for me.
Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why? I haven't really played much of Cataclysm and thus not really in tune with the latest consumables, but the usual +sp +int flasks and food.
The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid? I almost always have a wide range of addons running and these are definitely top on my list.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why? To me, this is the best part of raiding. Repeatedly coming up against something that causes problems and making up your own tactics and not something learned through a Youtube video.
Can you take the critic and learn from it? Sure can.
If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame? Yes, ultimately it would be keeping me back if I didn't.
If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss? I'd probably be the first one to say I should leave.
Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for? It's only natural. I've seen the nasty side of having only 22 people online on a raid night, so having a surplus is a luxury.

FINAL NOTES

Why do you want to join this project? I have heard of Cold Logic before and heard the success of the guild. As most of you know reroll guilds are usually hit or miss and from the looks of things and definitely from your past, you guys know what you're doing.Reroll projects, when done right, are a fantastic way of getting to grips with the game again and creating a community. I have always felt a good community can really benefit everyone and the more active everyone is the funner the game gets.

Why should we recruit you? When it comes to raiding, I don't take myself too seriously and don't get flustered or frustrated when I don't get shiny epix. I do realise that we're all just shooting pixels at internet dragons and that there are people behind the avatars. I treat time as a commodity and hate mine being wasted and I try my hardest not to waste others. So I turn up on time, if I can't I make sure it's widely known, I come prepared with whatever consumables I need and whatever tactics should be known

Do you have any friends in our guild? Laurie AKA mushroomguru

Is there anything else you want to add? For the last year and a bit I've basically been on a WoW hiatus. Mainly because of friends not playing and what worth is it without a few idiots to mess around with on vent when you aren't raiding? It's late, I'm not the most literate person (for an Irishman I'm top class) so if I managed some moonspeak somewhere or some how messed a question or two (or three....) up, please bring it up and ask any questions you'd like. Thanks for reading.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
mushroomguru
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Just a vouch for SlamDunkz, I was his GM once upon a time and he even behaved himself
DonNazarov

Good Afternoon,

We have discussed your application and feel as if we can offer you a trial period within the project!However at the moment we have a high quote of Druids, would you consider rerolling another class? We have open spots for a Warrior, DK, and Priest. If you have your heart set on Druid, we may have a spot open up this evening due to inactivity.

Please sign up using the "Apply to Guild" function on the left hand side of the screen if you haven't already done so.

Please feel free to add to any of our member discussion and remember to "sign in" in the relevant thread.

Kindest Regards,

Naz
Funkydunky
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Thanks for the reply Happy

Honestly I kind of had my heart set on rolling a druid. I might be willing to roll a warrior, but I think in the long term it's probably best playing a class I'd find more fun. Anyway I won't be logging in until late tomorrow or Monday, so no rush in making a decision whether there are any vacancies.
DonNazarov

Evening mate,

We had to remove one of our druids this evening due to inactivty, so we do have a spot open. Please feel free to whisper one of our members for an invite!

Kindest Regards,

Naz
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum