View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Server Discussion

PanzarDragon wrote:
@Zarcbolt: Agreed, stay clear of low pop servers.

how about choosing a good battle-group first and then choosing a good server with a good population and a good H/A balance.

A good battle-group means more groups for Dungeons/Pvp and more chance of attracting x-realm applicants.

When i was last playing Cyclone was THE best EU battle-group, is that still the case?

I've done alot of research on this recently so I might be able to answer your question.

In essence the BEST Battlegroup in the EU is - Rampage. Reason being all the arenas went dead at the start of Cata because of class imbalances, so all the major PvP guilds / players rerolled to Rampage servers.

The only server we've spoken of in that category so far is EU-The Venture Co. Though its RP-PvP.

The highest ranked BG rated teams are on Blutdurst but thats a German Rack.

Others of interest, Vindication, Cyclone and Misery. Saying that BG's were no slouch on my old server and thats on the Reckoning Rack.

All in all if you want quality players in the field Rampage / Misery. If you want quick que times pretty much any your only gonna be waiting 10 mins max anyway.

EDIT - Got rid of my retard.
Gladrius
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

I've only played on one realm so i'm useless at reseaching them.
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

PanzarDragon wrote:
Agreed Tarumi, just have to make as informed a decision as possible. though i think a fair few of us (myself included) are eager to get stuck in.

These are the servers that have been suggested thus far:

Vek'nilash - PVE - Misery - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/vek-nilash

Daggerspine - PVP - Cataclysm - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/daggerspine

Executus - PVP - Reckoning - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/executus

Hellscream - PVE - Frenzy - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/hellscream

They all seem pretty solid servers and I don't think we'd go far wrong starting up on any of them.

If you think about the racks these are on you can reduce them down again.

Frenzy is one of the lowest skilled / populated racks there are. Executus and Daggerspine are in our region and they are PvP and Vek'nilash has potential as a PvE server. I guess well just have to see how the server type poll comes back.

Then really it's down to picking the best name if it comes back PvP. If its PvE it seem we have our answer. Vek'nilash has clearly been there from the start :P.
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

This link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1917902512

Makes me sceptical of daggerspine. Though actually I've heard within the last few months that the server was OK. That was before Rift came out though.
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Ok, so I got one more thing to throw in.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/skullcrusher

Skullcrusher - EU, has all the stuff were looking for. PvP, its Medium pop and its Only got 1 competative guidl and they are alliance. That would be great for pulling in the crowd. It's even pretty well balanced A:H ratio. 1:2.2 reported but it's probally actually closer than that.

Either way this seems to be our gold mine people.

Any thoughts?

---------------------------
EDIT - Some Direct Info.

Realm Status List
AJ - BG info for Cyclone
WoW Progress - Skullcrusher EU
Official Forums - Skullcrusher EU
WoW Census - Skullcrusher EU
WhelpSlayer

Just had a roll around on hellscream a bit, hung around in ogrimmar a bit seems to be a comfortable amount of people some with some pretty decent gear also a good market seemed liek a pretty good server to me, im a bit put off by what Ardilla said which is a shame as it seemed good.

However after looking at Skullcrusher that seems pretty badass to me, maybe we should get some votes going?
Dayt0na
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Recruitment shuldnt be an isue if we have everything from start , i mean you need arrownd 35ish rerrolers for this to go right , it just dosent feel right to lvl from 1 to 85 and then recruit 85s o.O , so yeh take some time...get those 35ish ppl and it wont mather how low pop the server is .
Gladrius
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

I've been in two reroll projects in the last few years, people always drop out (don't mean do sound negative).
Dayt0na
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

There shuld be an obligation to it .
I mean you will need some support from youre main char gold/mats/heirlooms . An idea i have wold be for everyone to move theyre main characters to the server witch we will have the guild on , i mean yeah shure il join to.. lvl my char till 20 and then never log on but i woldnt throw 20/40 euros just to play on some ppls nerves .
If ppl like the idea then as naz sayd that we wont have any alts allowed in the main guild at least till ppl get lvl 85 then we could make an ex main guild to , Aka Project animus/Ex mains of animus etc .

How dose it sound ?
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Furyon700 wrote:
I've been in two reroll projects in the last few years, people always drop out (don't mean do sound negative).

Would echo that sentiment, on the basis that until youre in game and throwing around the green chat you cant be 100% that its where you want your home to be Happy But I think the gist of what Daytona was getting at (stop me if Im wrong!) was so long as there is a healthy core that would populate maybe 80-85% of the raid on a regular basis, the odd diamond in the rough can be found(recruited) even on low pop servers to top up the losses through levelling attrition.

And ofc again, that process is made easier by all this research narrowing down the "kosher" realms Happy

Being kinda outta the loop having only just returned to WoW, I cant really contribute to this discussion, although I have it on very good authority from numerous buds that we should avoid Blackout group like the plague Happy Not an issue though since its not cropped up (probably for good reason!).
WhelpSlayer

We're all taking a risk here of putting our time and effort into this, sure there will be drop outs, there always are, but as long as a good core of us remains then the guild will persevere.

However it may be good to get the project running sooner rather then later before people do start to loose interest and move on to other things, if we start with a good 10-15 players we'll have no problems picking up the rest as we go along leveling. Also remember that this hasn't been up for very long (less than a week) and theres already all of us! so no fears there I reckon.

On that note had another nosey around Skullcrusher, like Ardilla said this is our goldmine. When the poll does come up my vote will be for Skullcrusher.
Potency.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Unless things are very different on the EU servers (first time on non-US for me, so might be for all I know), recruitment is really quite a ball ache at the moment, in particular for healers. My opinion would be to play on the whole reroll thing a touch longer and try to get a few more on board before getting started. Bearing in mind what people have said about people dropping out during the levelling, which I guess is inevitable to some extent.

Anyways, bit off topic, but yeah Happy
DonNazarov

Quote:
However it may be good to get the project running sooner rather then later before people do start to loose interest and move on to other things, if we start with a good 10-15 players we'll have no problems picking up the rest as we go along leveling. Also remember that this hasn't been up for very long (less than a week) and theres already all of us! so no fears there I reckon.

If people can't wait or lose interest in a matter of days, i dont want them here anyway. I know people want to start levelling, i understand this. However this guild is not going to be another casuality of the reroll genre because people cant wait a few more days or another week.

I'm personally very serious about the project and i will not start anything before we're ready. Simple as that.
Zarcbolt
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

As long as i can use 'The Patient' title in-game i don't care how long i wait.
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Would very much agree with Potency and Naz there - hence the OTT repeated mention in my earlier post that I for one would not rush this part of the process, would agree that for my two cents we're not there in terms of numbers yet. Speaking of the attrition thing earlier, if folks are losing interest in the first week theyre not likely to be a dead cert for the long haul (but then we all know that, thats an obvious given :D).

But getting back on track with realms (I did mention it briefly in IRC) but Id be quite the fan of taking the unknown out of the equation if someone has some actual practical experience of a realm - I vaguely recall Naz mentioning something about having played for quite a while at 85 on one of the ones we're talking about, cant remember which? Id take a "good" realm thats a tried-and-tested one over one that looks stellar on paper but with no hands-on experience of it.

Ill still finish with me usual "whatever you chaps choose is fbm, groovy baby" whilst listening to some Janis Joplin :D

PS: Zarc, there really should be a corresponding "The A.D.D Sufferer" title in-game (you know the guy, the feller with a "/yell Go tank....go.....go.....res....go" line macro'd to every keybind Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: