View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Slim A.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Server Discussion

So far both Vek'nilash and Daggerspine seem to be viable choices, only difference being the pve/pvp aspect.
Rathyy
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Executus could also be a good choice.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/executus
DonNazarov

Looks really promising Happy
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

From a PvE, standpoint I think Executus would perhaps be where we'd start off best. My only worry is that to recruit good players we may have to expect them to transfer. If people arn't that well progressed theres usually a reason.

A new guild on there thats ready to do damage to the bad boy Hard Mode bosses might be just what it needs to build some rep though. Likewise with The Venture Co.

Also the realm forums seem relatively ok.

About The Venture Co. as far as server rack / battle ground - its on the best one in the world right now. Instances for heroics and PvP will be nearly instant in comparison to other racks. But thats not such a big deal in a guild like this.
SolvaRaz

I found that servers that have a low progression tend to have a bad player pool or that too many of the really good players tend to be in too many guilds making it hard to progress. As for Vek this was the case on alliance side as during wrath I was on this server. We found as a guild that getting players who knew what to do in a raid was very rare and the ones who did wanted to go to the top guild. Overall there was alot of new players coming to the server alliance side due to it being tags as new player.

I can't speak for the horde side of vek but it seemed to be doing much better then alliances and had guilds who were able to clear 25 man heroic LK where alliance side no one ever did.
Ardillia
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Aye, the interesting thing is that if we become the best guild people may move to us.
DonNazarov

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/hellscream

Ticks all the boxes, realm forums aren't plastered in disaster threads either and all guilds seem to be English speaking.
Strych77
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Low progression doesn't necesarilly mean a bad playerbase though. It takes quite a bit of effort from a few really dedicated people with the skill and knowledge to back them up to organise a succesful raiding guild.

The players might be good enough but if nobody stands up and gets them organised in some fashion, nothing will happen.

Of course I realise that this proves nothing, it's just a heads up.
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Strych77 wrote:
Low progression doesn't necesarilly mean a bad playerbase though. It takes quite a bit of effort from a few really dedicated people with the skill and knowledge to back them up to organise a succesful raiding guild.

The players might be good enough but if nobody stands up and gets them organised in some fashion, nothing will happen.

Of course I realise that this proves nothing, it's just a heads up.

What 'e said, especially comparatively early doors in an expansion Happy
WhelpSlayer

Just my two cents on this:

You can either go a huge population realm which:
+has alot more players for recuriting or grouping with
+alot more intereaction during questing
+generally in a good PvP battlegroup
+a well established market for buying/selling
+Good competition form other guilds
+some of the best players

-some of the worst players
-Can lag
-Difficult to make a name for the guild when overshadowed by the big boys
-prone to massive serverwide fluctuations of characters based on flavor-of-the-month style patchs (like back when rogues became unkillable with cloak of shadows back in BC).

Or you can go a low pop server:
+a Good strong guild can make a name for itself quickly
+low lag

-little to no market
-Very low server pop, low interaction, empty areas, no groups etc

Myself I've always tended to go for larger well established servers, theres just more stuff to do, especially if you're after the challenge of a PVP server then you want something that can provide. After having leveled on a new server when BC came out i can tell you its not fun its just VERY BORING (mind you this was back when group finder didn't exist for cross server grouping, pvp etc so I could be wrong).
Zarcbolt
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

good points panzer, but high pop servers are getting pretty much the same as low pop ones everywhere except top level anyway, I come from Kazzak server which is a very high populated server with like the 2nd best Horde guild and one of the top 100 alliance guilds and the levelling zones are all dead anyway, people level up their alts so fast now and the zones are just barren even on the most populated servers

but i was on a server names trollbane which was very very low pop and that was indeed pretty boring..

i think we need to find a balance not a huge server with 20 top 100 guilds but a inbetween with maybe 2 or 3 very competitive guilds on each faction and an even horde/ally ratio (or as close to as possible, like 60/40 would be ok).

Rolling on a low population server is a big risk as if a few of the people from the reroll project for some reason aren't able to raid, it will be very hard for us to get our progression up so far that we attract X-realm applicants who dont mind transferring to a dead server to be with us.
Slim A.
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

We should try narrowing them down soon, have a list of 2-3 viable options and put them to vote. Everything points to PvP types as far as I can see, and Daggerspine/Hellscream both seem like good choices.
WhelpSlayer

@Zarcbolt: Agreed, stay clear of low pop servers.

how about choosing a good battle-group first and then choosing a good server with a good population and a good H/A balance.

A good battle-group means more groups for Dungeons/Pvp and more chance of attracting x-realm applicants.

When i was last playing Cyclone was THE best EU battle-group, is that still the case?
Tarumi
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Slim A. wrote:
We should try narrowing them down soon, have a list of 2-3 viable options and put them to vote. Everything points to PvP types as far as I can see, and Daggerspine/Hellscream both seem like good choices.

Id echo that, although with the strong caveat that Im not being impatient or owt - just that there's only so much you can glean from looking at the dry statistics; as a few have said there will be ups and downs to every realm. However, the very valuable work that you chaps have done so far was crucial to avoiding the real 'orrible traps - Id imagine though as Slim says that we're soon to be approaching the point of realm selection.

Just want to reinforce, NOT in a rush to choose or being impatient, as thats generally the mark of a flash-in-the-pan reroll merchant, just agreeing that at some point we'll get to the limits of what stat analysis can provide and just have to take the plunge/suck it and see/insert cliché here Happy
WhelpSlayer

Agreed Tarumi, just have to make as informed a decision as possible. though i think a fair few of us (myself included) are eager to get stuck in.

These are the servers that have been suggested thus far:

Vek'nilash - PVE - Misery - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/vek-nilash

Daggerspine - PVP - Cataclysm - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/daggerspine

Executus - PVP - Reckoning - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/executus

Hellscream - PVE - Frenzy - http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/hellscream

They all seem pretty solid servers and I don't think we'd go far wrong starting up on any of them.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: