View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahoosive

re: Reroll Application (Tank/DPS)

GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU

This is a set of A/S/L questions that just make it easy for us to get some basic knowledge about you. Single word answers are perfectly fine. Some of those are just convienience questions - like your gender and the country you're from. You don't have to answer them if you're uncomfortable putting that kind of information in a place where everyone could see it.

How old are you? 20
What is your sex? Male
Where do you come from? Glasgow, Scotland
Where do you live at the moment? Scotland

What class and race are you wanting to play?
I've previously played a Feral Druid tank and DPS very, very well. I'm versatile in numerous roles, but I'd prefer not to play a Death Knight or Paladin. Just tell me what to play and I'll do my best to excel at it.
What server are you currently on?
Talnivarr (Inactive account currently)
A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)
I unsubbed a month or so ago once my guild hit progression on Atramedes heroic - It's incredibly tedious wiping for the same reason for three weeks straight. Due to my frozen account, the armoury is displaying an error on my Character "Raén" on Talnivarr. I can however, link you to parses from WoL of my previous raids as a feral dps (top 10 worldwide cat dps on Conclave):
Raén #11 on http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/Conclave_of_Wind/25N/Feral-Cat_Druid/
It's currently 11th worldwide, and the log is from almost three months ago (#1 at the time of uploading and stayed there for about three weeks)
I also have a youtube account with previous bosskills from my PoV and edited by me (I would do this for the guild if we managed to achieve our goal of being prominent on the server)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Raen000?feature=mhum
The other logs have expired sadly. I'd rather not resub my account until I see if I'm accepted - at this point I have absolutely no reason to lie to you.

RAIDING TIMES

Our standard raiding times are going to be 20:00 to midnight, Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday are usually days off, for everyone to do other stuff in and out of the game. Every member is expected to have attendance above 75%, which means being here for at least three raids a week. Your trial period, among other things, is there to prove you can meet those requirements. If you can't do that, you can probably close your browser window already. We will have to decline your application anyway. Having outside activity on a single day - for example playing football every sunday evening - won't be a reason to decline you but we would like to know about it in advance.

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days?
Not at the current time, but during the exam period I may need time off (a long way away now, and I'll give plenty of notice)
Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress?
Well, the fact is that I should be able to make all nights, and in exam period they take priority.
Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss?
Definitely.
Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid?
Yes
Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates?
Yes
How many days a week will you be able to raid on average?
4-5, depending on IRL.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW?
Since official EU Launch
How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)?
Around 230 days, and that's with having a serious secondary lockout shadow priest raiding alt

RAIDING HISTORY

This list is filled in with the progression milestones from all expansions. If you started playing after certain point, feel free to delete all the questions that don't concern you. We are only interested in progressing in the raids at appropriate level cap - going back to Molten Core or Sunwell at 80 doesn't count. Longer answers are very welcome.

When did you start raiding?
A few months into Vanilla, I was pretty young so it took a while to get used to the maths of minmaxing my character.
How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)?
I ended up clearing everything in Vanilla up until the Four Horsemen in Naxx 40
How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)?
I cleared all content up to Mu'ru pre-nerf in Sunwell, then obviously obliterated it and KJ.
Did you kill Magtheridon/LV/KT before starting the next tiers of content?
Yes
Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff?
No, at this period of time my 25 man raiding guild burnt itself out on Sindy 25HM, so we were just doing throw together 10 man hardmode runs, and we cleared everything up to Bane, and then obtained the drakes.
How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans?
Managed to get Halfus and Chimaeron with Maloriak to under 10% and Conclave to around 20% (Heroics)

Have you completed any hard modes (10-man/25-man) and/or obtained any of the "Glory of the..." drakes?
I cleared all hardmodes in OS10/25, Ulduar, ToGC10, all in their respective patches.

CHARACTER HISTORY

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months?
Madhouse, a guild on Talnivarr.
What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild?
I was in Madhouse for about Ten months, I was in a guild named Reincarnation on Alliance side on Bronzebeard in my "glory years" until it was disbanded due to core players leaving the game.
Why did you decide to leave it?
Stated above.

TECHNICAL INFO

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it.
I've got a 30MB connection and I run online games at around 30-40ms
Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english?
Yes
For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it?
Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these?
Yes to all of the above.
What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning? What keys are those moves bound to?
W - Forward
A - Strafe Left
S - Backwards
D - Strafe Right
I mouse turn.
What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)?
3 - Rake
4 - Shred
Q - Feroc Bite
E - Swipe (Cat)
R - Rip

(1-6, shift modifier and QERTFG are bound)

REQUIREMENTS

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face?
Most definitely.
Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why?
Flask of the Wind, and agility food as they're the most effective for DPS output
The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid?
Yes

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why?
Yes I am, as long as progress is being made, and people who screw up admit it and learn from their mistakes - I really have no problem with mistakes, as long as people learn from them Happy
Can you take the critic and learn from it?
Yes
If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame?
I'll be the first to put my hands up and admit that I'm at fault in situations like this.
If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss?
Yes, they are both very good reasons and I'd expect it to happen to someone else in the same situation.
Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for?
Yes

FINAL NOTES

Why do you want to join this project?
I'm tired of my current guild's constant failures and lack of action towards slacking players because of previous friendships and relationships, and I really like the idea of this project.
Why should we recruit you?
Because I'm a very good player, I'm attentive and I'm a minmaxer, a helpful raider and a powerful personality to have in a guild. I also video the raids and have become very good at creating tactics and improvising and I can react to pretty much any situation thrown at me during combat.
Do you have any friends in our guild?
No, but a couple have applied.
Is there anything else you want to add?
I'd like to thank you for reading this application and to try to make some space for myself and my friends as we believe we could be a powerful asset in propelling the guild forwards.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
DonNazarov

Good Morning Mahoosive,

Thank you very much for your application - We have discussed your application and feel as if we can offer you a trial period within the project! In terms of your class choice we have a high priority need on a Rogue at the moment would you consider this as your class?

Kindest Regards,

Naz
Mahoosive

I've got no issues playing rogues. Just tell me where to make my character and who to whisper and I'll be on as soon as I find out Happy Cheers

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
DonNazarov

Afternoon mate,

We're currently levelling on Hellscream, you can whisper any member online for an invite or myself.

We look forward to meeting you later.

Kindest Regards

Naz
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum