re: My Application

GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU

How old are you?
What is your sex? Male
Where do you come from? Scotland
Where do you live at the moment? Scotland

What class and race are you wanting to play? Restoration Shaman or other healer
What server are you currently on? Talnivarr
A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/leetabix/

RAIDING TIMES

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days? I may have to miss the odd day because of work.
Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress? Possibly.
Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss? Of course
Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid? Yes I am. Happy
Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates? Yup.
How many days a week will you be able to raid on average? Every day usually but might have to work some times.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW?
4/5 years or so
How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)? About 4ish years or so and 203 days played.

RAIDING HISTORY

When did you start raiding?
4ish years ago
How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)?
This is my History, in World of Warcraft: I've done pretty much everything in the PvE section of the game. I started playing wow in June 2005, when I bought World of warcraft. I started off with my Druid. I leveled this Druid to 60 after about a month. After I dinged 60, I started too pick up dungeon gear to get ready for raiding. I did Stratholme, and Blackrock Spire. I managed to get most of dungeon set 2 and some off set pieces which meant I was finally ready to enter the PvE world. I joined a guild after I was finished gearing a bit, and started raiding Zul'Gurub and Molten Core pretty quick I came through these two raids, with the guild. I managed to reach almost full Druid Tier 2, and also full Epic equipment. At this point I decided to create a new alt.

I instead created a Hunter on the PvE server "Kul Tiras", and started leveling. I came to level 60 very quick here, just after a few weeks, which was much faster than with my Druid. Quickly after I dinged 60, I joined the guild named Almost Famous which was a guild progressing throughout Blackwing Lair back then, and I managed to enter it with dungeon gear. They geared my Hunter quickly in Molten Core, and Zul'Gurub so I came into Blackwing Lair with Tier 1, and Molten Core epics. We quickly got through this raid with me (Haha. =P). Then we got a server first, and went into Ahn'Qiraj (40), and progressed a bit slow in the beginning but we cought up pretty fast, and managed to down C'thun which was a massive feat. Then Naxxramas came, we got into it, and cleared the bosses within a few months, although a few exeptions of bosses we didn't complete untill later. It was a few days till TBC when we downed Kel'thuzad finally, game over some said, and left the game.

How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)?

When Burning Crusade came out, I quickly managed to get to Level 70 on my Druid, and started raiding Karazhan asap, in Tier 2/3 gear and got Tier 4 pretty quickly. We did server first on Gruul the Dragonslayer, and later Magtheridon a few weeks after that. When finally we moved onto The Eye, and Serpentshrine Cavern we did pretty fast progress and did server first on Lady Vashj and of course Keal'thas. It took some time, but finally Black Temple and Hyjal Summit came into the game, and we cleared it (Not as fast as I said) but we did clear it. And after Illidan Stormrage kill, we thought finally, game over! But...what we didn't know was days and days of equipping with Tier 6, and good gear and PvPing and crap.. then Zul'Aman came. Then Sunwell Plateau came out and we did a fairly quick progress to Twins, and downed them prenerf, and then we killed M'uru prenerf, but Kil'Jaedan we actually downed after nerf.

Did you kill Magtheridon before starting Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep? Yes
Did you kill Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider before starting Mount Hyjal and Black Temple? Yes
Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff? No but I tried for weeks with the #1 guild on the realm before they disbanded.
How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans? 5 bosses down currently on 25 man.
Have you completed any hard modes (10-man/25-man) and/or obtained any of the "Glory of the..." drakes? Ulduar 25 and ICC 10.

CHARACTER HISTORY

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months?

Almost Famous: I was in AF since the Vanilla days, I cleared the majority of high-end content with them and I was involved in all the first kills in SWP. We were going well in Wrath but a combination of car accidents, house moving and general 'I've got my loot bye' people resulted in us being unable to get 25 people online and the guild generally fell apart. I was an officer in AF and I believe I was also the last one out the door.

What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild? Madhouse as a social.
Why did you decide to leave it? I am a social. Happy

TECHNICAL INFO

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it.
About 70-80ms average.
Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english? Yes.
For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it? Yes
Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these? Yes
What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning? What keys are those moves bound to? I turn with my mouse and have WASD binded for movement spells. I don't keyboard turn =P
What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)?

Steady Shot = Mouse Wheel Up
Chimera Shot = 4
Aimed Shot = 3
Arcane Shot = 2
Rapid Fire = r

REQUIREMENTS

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face?
Gold isn't a problem.
Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why? Usually just what I need. For example if I am low on hit for whatever reason I would use hit food/elixr.
The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid? Already have them installed and know how to use them. Happy

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why?
Yes. I want to progress into high end content and be at the best of my game while achieving everything I possibly can.
Can you take the critic and learn from it? Yes I can.
If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame? Yes.
If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss? Yes.
Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for? No problem. Happy

FINAL NOTES

Why do you want to join this project?

There is the usual..I want to raid etc. But I took a look around your site and you seem more based around having a community than most guilds of your level. I'm normally a quiet guy and I enjoy spending time away from WoW. Doing things like going to the football and chilling with friends a nice cold beer. Just when I do log in I like to see people .
Why should we recruit you?
Well hopefully because of my impossibly high DPS/HPS and feet that move out of the fire quicker than most. I do watch videos of new bosses and read strategies while trying to keep appraised of my class. I do read sites like elitistjerks etc but I often find the best way of bettering yourself is to discuss your gear and changes you plan with your fellow guild hunters. Its highly unlikely you'll ever have the 'perfect' set of gear thats always theorycrafted about and even if you get close you'll often be mixing and matching to maintain certain sta
Do you have any friends in our guild?
I have a friend applying
Is there anything else you want to add?
I can tell you a little bit more about me. As you know I am 18 years old and live in Scotland. I live with my lovely girlfriend which I darely love and respect more than anything. I also have the second pearl in my life, which is my car. A Volvo c70 which I have improved quite a bit. I styled it with a body kit, neon light and roof scoop as well as a nice customized paint job. This is what I have done in my spare time. Now due to the recession I have been forced on to the streets to sell crack cocain. During my spare time apart from WoW I like to play some console games with my friends or go out for a bit.

UI - http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4628/cpui.png
DonNazarov

Good Morning Veoryn,

Thank you very much for your application - at this moment in time we have a very high quota of Shamans within the guild. Would you consider maybe rolling a Holy Paladin/Priest, as stated in your app you're prepared to roll another healing class.

Kindest Regards

Naz
Veoryn
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

In that case I'd happily go priest.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum