GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU

How old are you?

What is your sex?

Male

Where do you come from?

Norway

Where do you live at the moment?

Norway, Jessheim.

What class and race are you wanting to play?

Rogue, orc. I'm perfectly fine with rolling another class and race if there is any special spot you guys still need to fill.

What server are you currently on?

Ragnaros

A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/gorgo/simple

RAIDING TIMES

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days?

Some Thursdays are drinking night for me and my friends, but not every week.

Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress?

yeah.

Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss?

Usually won't be a problem.

Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid?

Yeah.

Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates?

Usually yeah.

How many days a week will you be able to raid on average?

4-5.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW?

Since the release.

How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)?

6 years, on and off. I've played as a warrior in vanilla and late WoTLK. I haven't got any gametime on my account for the moment. I haven't been active since January. However, on that character it should be anywhere from 80-100+ hours.

RAIDING HISTORY

When did you start raiding?

In vanilla.

How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)?

Cleared everything up to BWL. Killed the two first bosses of BWL and one in AQ40.

How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)?

Cleared everything up to 5/5 MH and 8/9 BT.

Did you kill Magtheridon before starting Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep?

No.

Did you kill Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider before starting Mount Hyjal and Black Temple?

No.

Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff?

Nope.

How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans?

I haven't had the chance to raid this expansion.

Have you completed any hard modes (10-man/25-man) and/or obtained any of the "Glory of the..." drakes?

Nope.

CHARACTER HISTORY

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months?

Hysteria, which is a guild setup with me and some friends.

What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild?

Hysteria.

Why did you decide to leave it?

We are no longer active.

TECHNICAL INFO

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it.

It is rather stable. However, it isn't the greatest. We're currently only running a 10Mbs connection which is rather slow for about 3-4 PCs online at the time. Nevertheless looking to update that soon enough. It doesn't really affect WoW a lot though as it doesn't require a lot of speed in general.

Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english?

For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it?

Yes I can.

Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these?

Yes, I am used to doing so.

What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning? What keys are those moves bound to?

wasd - However, turning isn't bound. Strafing is bound to A and D instead of Q and E.

What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)?

Q - R - T - F - C - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and I also link an spell with shift from Q to 4.
Also I carry a Razer naga mouse which I've keybound a total of 15 spells on.

REQUIREMENTS

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face?

Yep.

Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why?

As a tank I've used Flasks and food which gives me health and stamina, shocking I know.
If I remember correctly the flask was Flask of Stoneblood. And depending on if I lack either hit or expertise I would usually use a food combination of hit or expertise and stamina. That's at least my ideal choice.

The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid?

Yes. Curse client has previously done the job very easy for me to do so.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why?

I am prepared to do so, and I also believe that's what PvE is about. We're working together as a team to defeat whatever is in our way. And if it was any simple, it wouldn't be any fun. I believe the victory will taste a lot greater when there is 25 tired men who focused and worked to get the kill than some over geared group of people who did it in a try or two.

Can you take the critic and learn from it?

Yes. As long as it is said with respect and not out of rage.

If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame?

Yes.

If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss?

Any legitimate reason for removing me or a member will be respected.

Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for?

I do.

FINAL NOTES

Why do you want to join this project?

The people I know from my current realm is no longer active, that is including me. A fresh start would be a great way to return to this expansion and also give it a real go.

Why should we recruit you?

Because panda bears are cute and monkeys drink tropic drinks now.
But seriously, I want to be part of a real guild with a goal again. A goal to achieve being a serious and dedicated raiding guild with a steady progression. I miss that feeling to achieve a kill you've been working hard for, and I want to experience that feeling again with new friends.

Do you have any friends in our guild?

Nope.

Is there anything else you want to add?

Thank you for reading and I'm looking forward to be hearing from you!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
DonNazarov

re: Rogue raiding application

Good Morning,

Having looked at your application, i really don't feel i can accept you into the core. You lack alot of experience. Pretty much everyone accepted so far has two years experience and some to a very good standard.

I'm willing to give everyone a shot however, so if you're willing to accept i can take you on as a Social member and we can see what you're like at 85, hopefully providing some guidance and initiate you into our raiding team.

Let me know what you think?

Kindest Regards,

Naz
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum