View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonNazarov

re: Example - Nazarov - Reroll Application

GENERAL INFO - YOUR CHARACTER AND YOU

This is a set of A/S/L questions that just make it easy for us to get some basic knowledge about you. Single word answers are perfectly fine. Some of those are just convienience questions - like your gender and the country you're from. You don't have to answer them if you're uncomfortable putting that kind of information in a place where everyone could see it.

How old are you?

Far too old!

What is your sex?

Male

Where do you come from?

UK

Where do you live at the moment?

London

What class and race are you wanting to play?

I will be looking to roll another Priest - this will be my third time of levelling from 1-85, i'm slightly masochistic in this respect, but i really do enjoy playing, developing and levelling this class - obviously however if the guild needs i'll be happy to roll something else!

What server are you currently on?

Aszune

A link to your current character would be appreciated (Post us your Armory link.)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/l%C3%B3wkey/simple

RAIDING TIMES

Our standard raiding times are going to be 20:00 to midnight, Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday are usually days off, for everyone to do other stuff in and out of the game. Every member is expected to have attendance above 75%, which means being here for at least three raids a week. Your trial period, among other things, is there to prove you can meet those requirements. If you can't do that, you can probably close your browser window already. We will have to decline your application anyway. Having outside activity on a single day - for example playing football every sunday evening - won't be a reason to decline you but we would like to know about it in advance.

Do you have any other stuff to do every week on any of our raiding days?

On certain Sundays i will be preoccupied but i will let the relevant personel know in good time.

Can you give up on it for a week or two if we are in the middle of important progress?

Yep, not a problem.

Are you willing to stay for another 30 minutes to an hour past the midnight if we're just about to down a new boss?

Absolutely

Are you in control of your own time - meaning your parents won't pull your plug off if they think you play for too long or make you eat dinner 30 minutes in the raid?

My play times are 100% controlled by myself.

Can you plan your evenings in advance; informing us at least day ahead that you are going out to a pub or going to the movies with mates?

Without fail

How many days a week will you be able to raid on average?

4-5 days a week.

EXPERIENCE

How long have you been playing WOW?

Since EU beta

How long have you been playing with your current character (real time and /played)?

Will edit when i'm back home this evening!

RAIDING HISTORY

This list is filled in with the progression milestones from all expansions. If you started playing after certain point, feel free to delete all the questions that don't concern you. We are only interested in progressing in the raids at appropriate level cap - going back to Molten Core or Sunwell at 80 doesn't count. Longer answers are very welcome.

When did you start raiding?

I've raided from the very outset.

How far did you progress in the original WOW before patch 2.0 (from Zul'gurub and Molten Core to AQ40 and original Naxx)?

I cleared everything up to and including 5 bosses in Naxx.

How far did you progress in The Burning Crusade before patch 3.0 (from Karazhan to Sunwell)?

I clared all content over three seperate characters - downing Muru and KJ pre-nerf!

Did you kill Magtheridon before starting Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep?

I did yep.

Did you kill Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider before starting Mount Hyjal and Black Temple?

I did yep.

Did you manage to kill the Lich King on Heroic mode and if so at what % buff?

I sadly did not - i managed to kill 10/12 heroic before taking a break from the game.

How far did you progress in current expansion on 25-mans?

I am currently 8/12 on heroic modes.

CHARACTER HISTORY

What guilds were you in during the last 6 months?

In the last six months i have been playing within Mayhem and currently Tanked and Spanked

What guild are you in currently or what was your last guild?

See above

Why did you decide to leave it?

I was an officer in Mayhem and where we had a great core we sadly didnt have enough players to competently progress in 25man raiding and we sadly decided to disband the guild in order to pursue 25man raiding.

Tanked and Spanked is the guild i have been in the last few months - they're a great guild and have some very talented players, however they are tight nit community and one i feel rather the outsider there. I'd very much like to join a guild or project where we can build a foundation and community rather than try to intergrate into a guild which has been together for over 5 years.

TECHNICAL INFO

How stable is your connection? Do you disconnect every 5 minutes, is your latency above 1000ms all the time? We will be able to find it out the very first raid you join so please don't lie about it.

Are you able to receive and make yourself understandable in english?

I am fluent in English to a good standard.

For voice communication we will use Ventrillo.Can you install, configure and use it?

Yep, not a problem.

Do you have a microphone? Are you able and willing to use it during raids for better communication during these?

Yep, absolutely.

What do you use to move your character around - walking, running, turning? What keys are those moves bound to?

W,A,S,D and of course i turn with my mouse Happy

What keys are your main skills bound to (name 5)?

My Priests current Keybindings are:

mouse 1 - Renew
mouse 2 - PoM
mouse 3 - GS
mouse 4 - PW:S (mouseover so it works for heads up healing)

SHIFT+
mouse 1 - Flash Heal
mouse 2 - Greater Heal
mouse 3 - Binding Heal
mouse 4 - Prayer of Healing

ALT+
mouse 1 - Dispell
mouse 2 - Abolish Disease
mouse 3 - Fear Ward
mouse 4 - Bandage

ALT+CTRL (rarely used)
mouse 1 - Power Word: Fortitude
mouse 2 - Shadow Protection
mouse 3 - Divine Spirit
mouse 4 - Ressurrection

X - Holy Nova
C - Circle of Healing (mouseover)
F - Levitate
V - Trinket

(Targetted spells)
1 - Shackle
2 - Mass Dispell
3 - Shadowfiend
4 - Mind Control
5 - Mind Soothe

(Untargetted spells)
F1 - Mana pot
F2 - Inner Focus
F3 - Macro: Lifeblood, healthstone, healthpot
F4 - Divine Hymn
F5 - Hymn of Hope
F6 - Psychic Scream
F7 - Fade

REQUIREMENTS

We require all our members to bring enough potions, elixirs, flasks, food buffs, bandages and repair gold for each raid. Sometimes you have to provide it for five days in a row. Are you able to grind it all with a smile on your face?

Which potion, elixirs or flask and buffing food do you use most often? And why?

A the moment i'm using Flasks of Draconic mind and Sagefish.

The addons required for smooth progression are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods (for timers and range check). Can you use those addons effectively and make sure you always have working version before the raid?

Of course.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

Progressing on a new boss sometimes means wiping to him for 4 hours in a row, with improvements happening pretty slowly over time. Are you prepared for it? Why?

I love wiping and progression nights, this is my main passion. I love trying to work out how mechanics are working and how to bypass and deal with them.

Alot of people in this game find wiping for 2 hours a time-sync i have been privlaged enough to raid at the forefront of progression and have had many weeks of wiping on certain bosses - i am very much prepared for wipe-fests! Bring 'em on!

Can you take the critic and learn from it?

I can.

If you are the one messing up, can you admit the mistake and take the blame?

Yep - it makes for a better atmosphere to just own up and admit you've done something wrong, it can also be useful to the rest of the raid.

If we decide to swap you out; due to poor performance or connection issues, can you accept it without causing any fuss?

Of course.

Do you understand that our guild got more than 25 people on the roster and you won't be taken to every single raid you sign up for?

Absolutely - sitting out for the progression of the guild is what being part of a community is all about.

FINAL NOTES

Why do you want to join this project?

I'm really interested in joining a new community and one that has a defined goal at the end of it. I was in Cold logic previously which was a fantastic experience for all involved and we quickly became the best guild on that server and went on to finish at a respectable level at the end of TBC in terms of world rankings.

Why should we recruit you?

I am a tenacious and dedicated player, i strive to do my best on every attempt and on every raid. I like to give 100% to every aspect of my life and doubly so when it comes to something i enjoy.

I can offer you a mature and skilled player with the capacity to improve and sync with your current raid team. I can take criticism well and will strive to utilise such discussion to my benefit rather than let it defeat me.

Do you have any friends in our guild?

N/A

Is there anything else you want to add?

Thank you very much for reading my application - i look forward to hearing from you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ANIMUS Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum